Work for CIYJA
Below is a list of all current job positions at CIYJA. Please follow instructions at bottom of each job description for the application process.
Full-time Salary Position with Benefits
Location: Within California
The Media and Communications Coordinator plays a crucial role in the organization’s strategic planning and organizational development. The Media and Communications Coordinator will work in hand in hand with the Regional Coordinators and Development Manager, with supervision from Statewide Coordinator. The Media and Communication Coordinator will support the creation of CIYJA branded graphics, written material, and related news on social media, traditional media, and other communications platforms intended to bring awareness to the criminalization of immigrant communities that takes place through mass incarceration and deportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute content to highlight CIYJA’s campaign priorities
- Manage CIYJA’s social media to support with our online organizing strategy
- Support with press coordination for events and statements
- Respond and coordinate press interviews
- Manage and develop CIYJA press communications
- Foster relationship with CIYJA’s affiliates throughout the state
- Host trainings and support communication leadership development within the organization
- Understand complex immigrant identities and social upbringings.
- Develop communications strategy that uplifts the diverse issues that affect immigrant communities
- Have a unique and strong approach with communications as tactic in immigrant rights
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Must be bilingual
- Strong writing skills
- Strong speaking skills
- Strong coordinating skills
- Knowledge of how to use Photoshop,Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro 7 efficiently
- Knowledge of how to use Wix and WordPress
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Experience using Salsa Labs
- Experience creating web pages, petitions, mass emails
Position to be filled immediately, people who identify as womxn, trans, LGB and immigrants highly encouraged to apply. Compensation based on experience. Please email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org deadline open till filled.